Welcome to ST VINCENTS’ Shipping Policy. This policy outlines our terms and conditions related to shipping, delivery services, collection, inspection, and handling of goods.
This policy is an integral part of our General Terms & Conditions (GTCS). We advise you to carefully review our GTCS before placing an order. When you place an order with us you accept the application of these Terms & Conditions.
ST VINCENTS reserves the right to periodically revise and update its GTCS from time to time. The date above indicates the most recent revision of this agreement. It is your responsibility to stay informed of any changes. These modifications will not apply to orders placed before the publication of the revised GTCS. If you have inquiries or require clarification about the following information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
ST VINCENTS offers worldwide shipping to most countries. In the event that shipping options are not available during checkout, kindly reach out to us for assistance, and we will do our best to arrange shipping.
Our shipping approach is tailored to accommodate the diverse nature of our products, ensuring that each order receives the appropriate attention and consideration. We understand that different items may require unique shipping considerations. Therefore, our shipping policy is divided into two main categories:
(1) Direct online purchases: This category encompasses small goods available for direct online purchase. Shipping costs are calculated at checkout, based on package size and delivery address. This approach ensures transparent and accurate shipping calculations for your convenience.
(2) Inquiry purchases: Primarily applicable to larger, delicate, and made-to-order items not available for direct online purchase, this category pertains to transactions initiated after an online enquiry or email communication. Shipping costs for these items are influenced by factors such as item specifications, origin, destination, preferred shipping method (road, sea, air freight), and chosen service level (standard, express, white glove, or customer’s own freight carrier).
Due to the unique nature of these purchases, our approach is personalized to provide you with the most accurate and fitting shipping estimate. We will carefully assess your requirements and provide a shipping cost tailored to your specific needs.
DIRECT ONLINE PURCHASES
Shipping options may vary based on delivery address, order timing, and item availability. When processing your order, we present available shipping services, costs, and estimated delivery dates. Please note that deliveries occur exclusively on working days.
i. SHIPPING SERVICES
We offer three shipping services for your convenience:
(1) Standard shipping: Shipping charges are calculated at checkout or via email, based on package size and delivery address. In-stock packages under 20 kg are delivered to your doorstep or the nearest delivery point with reputable carriers such as BE Post, DHL, UPS, DPD, or Fedex. Items shipped via standard delivery typically arrive within 3-7 business days.
(2) Express shipping: For an additional fee we offer express shipping for products in-stock. Orders received by noon CET (Mon-Fri) are scheduled to arrive in 2-3 business days.
(3) Collect-in-store: Opt for in-store pickup at Kleine Markt 13, Antwerp during our opening hours. As soon as your goods are ready to be picked up, we will contact you by e-mail, SMS, or telephone.
ii. DELIVERY TIMES
(1) Items in-stock: These goods, available for immediate delivery, are processed within 3 – 7 working days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays.
(2) Items on backorder: Delays may occur for items on backorder. In such cases, you will be notified if a longer delivery time is anticipated.
(3) Made-to-order: Items subject to specific conditions and production lead times are detailed on the product description page.
(4) Items with delivery times: If you order several items with different delivery times, all items within the same category, goods or made-to-order, will be sent in one shipment once all items have arrived at our warehouse. If you want partial delivery, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org as additional fees may apply.
ST VINCENTS is committed to diligent order processing, but external events beyond our control may lead to shipping delays. For inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
As a service to our customers, ST VINCENTS will arrange the shipping of orders via one of our preferred carriers. Shipping charges are estimated during order placement and will be included on the final balance due notice. Shipping calculations and estimates depend on the delivery address, chosen delivery method (air, sea or road freight, if applicable) and service required (DAP, white glove, own carrier).
i. SHIPPING SERVICES
(1) Delivery At Place (DAP) — Our shipping partner will deliver your item curbside, and you must ensure its collection from the front door of your building or home.
(2) White glove — our shipping partner goes the extra mile by unloading, unpacking, inspecting, and installing the product in the room of your choice.
(3) Own carrier — If you choose to manage your own freight and delivery, please contact us to arrange the specific pick-up and movement details. An administrative fee to move the product from a manufacturer to a terminal for “customer’s own” pick-up will be added to the balance due. Please note that ST VINCENTS will not be held responsible for a customer’s own or third party freight damage and claim and an administrative fee may be applicable for handling.
ii. LEAD TIMES
After the designated production lead times (please consult the detailed product description page for estimated production lead times), the remaining balance will be invoiced prior to shipment to facilitate the release of items for shipping. Delivery takes place once the full payment is settled, and the delivery timeline is contingent upon the selected delivery method.
iii. DELIVERY SURCHARGES
While we strive to provide accurate pricing, exceptional circumstances may lead to additional charges in cases of significant shipping rate increases (due to factors like fuel costs, demand, war, or pandemics). Additionally, oversized, excessively heavy, or fragile items may necessitate extra delivery support and could incur a surcharge.
Ownership of the product transfers to the customer (owner) upon the freight carrier taking possession of the order for transport. Therefore, responsibility for damage occurring in-transit is the owner’s and all claims for freight damage must be made within 72 hours of receipt.
v. PRODUCT QUALITY AND IN-TRANSIT DAMAGE REPORTING
Products are inspected by the manufacturer prior to release to ensure that the order is in good condition, complete and ready for shipment.
Upon departure from the point of origin, the carrier assumes the responsibility of conducting a thorough inspection of the products. Any potential damage must be promptly noted on the Bill of Lading (BOL). The carrier’s endorsement on the BOL signifies their acknowledgment and acceptance of responsibility for delivering the products in the condition as received. The inspection of boxed or crated products is primarily focused on the exterior of the packaging. In cases where the cartons or crates exhibit signs of compromise, exceptions should be recorded, and immediate action taken to examine the contents.
vi. PREPARING FOR DELIVERY
It is your responsibility to ensure that all furniture items will fit through the access points such as doorways, stairways, hallways, elevators and around corners into the desired location.
vii. RECEIPT OF PRODUCT
ST VINCENTS recommends engaging a qualified receiving warehouse to receive, inspect, consolidate deliveries and facilitate in-home installation. All crated goods are required to undergo meticulous examination by a certified receiver, typically a receiving warehouse. If necessary, ST VINCENTS will gladly assist in recommending a suitable receiver. The receiving warehouse acts as an agent for the client and assumes the responsibility of identifying any potential damage, as well as aiding the owner in initiating a freight claim in the event of damage. For direct home deliveries, it is advised that a qualified receiving individual is present to accept the products.
A signature on the Bill of Lading (“BOL”) upon receipt of the product confirms that the products are received in good condition unless noted otherwise on the BOL. If, due to quality concerns or damage, you choose to refuse acceptance of the merchandise upon delivery, it is imperative that you promptly contact us. A comprehensive inspection must be conducted within 48 hours of delivery, and any claims for freight damage must be filed within 72 hours.
viii. INSPECTION OF PRODUCT
We ask that you thoroughly inspect your piece(s) upon arrival. Should any visible damage to the packaging be observed or if the packaging tape appears compromised, it is crucial to immediately report these issues to the shipping company and simultaneously record them on the Bill of Lading (BOL). This guideline applies whether the delivery is made to your home or when you personally retrieve the package from a designated representative. Furthermore, we encourage a comprehensive assessment of the piece(s) upon arrival. In cases where the delivered goods show signs of damage, we kindly request you to document the extent of the damage through detailed photographs of both the piece(s) and the corresponding crate/box. This photographic documentation should encompass the condition before and after removing the piece from the crate/box. We recommend that you retain the original packaging until you are entirely satisfied with the condition of the delivery.
In situations where an immediate inspection is not feasible upon receiving the shipment, we advise indicating on the BOL that any concealed damage to boxed or crated products will be the responsibility of either the carrier or the manufacturer. This responsibility will be ascertained subsequent to a thorough inspection of the products.
Please be aware that claims concerning damaged goods need to be submitted within 72 hours of the product’s arrival. This timeframe is essential for the resolution of damage claims, preservation of packaging materials, and submission of all pertinent photographic evidence. Additionally, a copy of the Bill of Lading (BOL) and all relevant photographic material should be dispatched to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For shipments not arranged through ST VINCENTS, the goods are sold under Ex Works terms. Consequently, in such instances, any necessary arrangements for claims should be coordinated directly with your designated freight forwarder. For further details or clarifications, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at email@example.com.
i. IMPORT DUTIES & TAXES
Depending on the item/s, prices displayed on our website include either the standard 21% Belgian VAT or a reduced rate of 6%, and exclude shipping costs. Within the EU, all import taxes and duties are already incorporated into the final purchase price.
A VAT exemption is applicable under the following circumstances:
(1) Businesses with a valid EU VAT Number: If you are an organization or business with a valid EU VAT number, the VAT amount will be deducted from the purchase price.
(2) Shipments Outside of the EU (Delivered Duty Unpaid – DDU): For shipments outside of the EU, they will be processed as Delivered Duty Unpaid (DDU). This implies that no VAT will be levied on these shipments. However, please take into account that local import duties, taxes, and custom clearance fees may be imposed by the customs authority of the destination country.
It’s important to note that ST VINCENTS holds no responsibility for VAT, fees, or taxes on orders to countries outside the EU, and we cannot predict or control these charges. As the customer/recipient, you are responsible for all local import duties and taxes imposed by customs. Ensuring the prompt payment of these charges is essential to ensure the timely release of your order. Failure to do so may result in delays or complications with your order.
Please be aware that any additional costs related to storage or shipping resulting from a lack of customs clearance or failure to pay duties and taxes are not covered by ST VINCENTS. To avoid unforeseen expenses, we strongly recommend reaching out to your local customs office to obtain accurate information about applicable rules and fees.
When goods leave our warehouse, an email will be sent with a tracking number. Information can also be sent to you from our shipping partner with tracking information. Items will be shipped either from our main warehouse located in Belgium or directly from the country of origin/production of the items.
iii. FAILED DELIVERY AND UNCOLLECTED PACKAGES
ST VINCENTS is not responsible for uncollected packages. Instances wherein parcels, letters, pallets, or larger parcels are subject to return, due to circumstances such as the customer/recipient’s failure to claim the delivery, unavailability at the provided contact number for notification, refusal to accept the delivery, or provision of erroneous name/address/contact details, the customer shall incur the cost associated with return shipping and administrative charges.
iv. STORAGE FEES
ST VINCENTS is able to store your order free of charge for no greater than 30 days. After 30 days, your order is subject to a EUR 25 per day charge for extended storage. This must be paid prior to delivery.
v. TRANSPORT DAMAGES / MISSING GOODS
If you discover upon receipt of your package that the shipment is visibly damaged in transit, this must be reported immediately to the shipping company. This applies both to home delivery and when you pick up the package from a representative. If, during unpacking, you discover the contents are damaged or that goods are missing. In that case, you as a customer are obliged to contact ST VINCENTS within 72 hours.
Contact our customer service here to complain about the shipment with pictures of the damaged goods. For more details please visit our Returns Policy.
Your Cart is empty.