TYPES OF INFORMATION
Our data collection involves two primary types of information: Personal Information and Other Information. “Personal Information” refers to data that specifically identifies you as an individual. On the other hand, “Other Information” is data that does not directly link to you.
I. DIRECT COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We gather Personal Information that you provide to us directly. This occurs when you engage in actions such as creating an account, making a purchase, or interacting with our services. Examples of such information include:
– Your name, contact details, billing and shipping addresses, email, and shopping preferences
– Your IP address, which serves as a unique identifier for your computer and is automatically logged by our web server for analytical purposes
– Your email preferences, which are tracked when you sign up to receive our newsletters
– Session information stored in cookies to optimize user interactions and ensure accurate data extraction from databases in interactive systems
II. INDIRECT COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We also obtain Personal Information indirectly through third-party sources. While we primarily collect information directly from you, there are instances where we might utilize third-party sources to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice. These indirect sources include:
– Financial institutions, such as your credit card company or bank
– Service providers who assist us in delivering various services
– Marketing and advertising agencies and providers that help us enhance our offerings
III. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the Personal Information we collect from you in line with applicable laws. The data is used for various purposes, including:
– Fulfilling product and service requests, processing transactions, and sending related information like confirmations and invoices
– Sending you technical updates, security alerts, and administrative messages
– Addressing your inquiries, comments, and requests for customer support
– Monitoring and analyzing trends, user behaviour, and activities in connection with our services
– Personalizing and enhancing our services, presenting advertisements and content that align with user profiles and interests
– Meeting legal requirements and obligations
– Combining data from various sources to better understand your needs and provide improved service
– Carrying out any other purposes for which the information was initially collected
– Communicating with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by SV, and providing relevant news and information
IV. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Similar to how we use Personal Information, we may share this data with third-party service providers and, in specific instances, third parties themselves. These disclosures are made for various reasons and are essential to our operations. We may share your Personal Information with:
– Third-party service providers who offer services like website hosting, data storage, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfilment, IT support, customer service, email delivery, and administration, credit card processing, auditing, and similar services to facilitate their service provision
– Selected third parties (referred to as “Promotional Partners”) to enable them to send you marketing communications
– Third parties in the event of reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or part of our business, assets, or stock
– As required or deemed appropriate: (a) under relevant law, including laws beyond your country of residence; (b) to adhere to legal processes; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including those outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to safeguard our operations or those of our Affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, property, or that of you, our Affiliates, or others; and (g) to enable us to pursue available remedies or limit potential damages
“Other Information” encompasses details that don’t inherently identify you as an individual. This includes:
– Browser information
– Server log files
– Information collected through cookies, tags, and similar technologies
– Physical location of your device
– Demographic and non-personally identifiable information provided by you
I. COLLECTION OF OTHER INFORMATION
We, alongside third-party service providers, collect Other Information in various ways:
– Through your browser: Certain data is collected from most devices, such as Media Access Control, address, device details, device identifier, screen resolution, and operating system and browser specifics.
– Via server log files: An Internet Protocol (IP) address, an automatically assigned number by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), is logged when you visit our properties. This log includes the time of visit and visited pages. IP addresses are used for purposes like calculating usage levels and diagnosing server issues.
– Through cookies: Cookies allow a web server to transfer data to a device for record-keeping and other purposes. We and our service providers employ cookies for tasks like enhancing online browsing, shopping experiences, and ensuring access to our services. You can usually decline cookies via your browser settings.
– Via physical location: Your device’s physical location can be used to offer personalized, location-based services and content, including marketing. We might also share this information, along with your viewed advertisements and other collected data, with third-party marketing partners for personalized content and advertising campaign effectiveness analysis.
II. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF OTHER INFORMATION
We use and disclose Other Information for various purposes. If we combine Other Information with Personal Information, the combined data is treated as Personal Information while combined.
When submitting Personal Information to third parties, such as third-party software applications or services (including social media or financial services), the collection, use, and disclosure of your data is governed by their privacy notices, not ours. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties, including service providers, social media platforms, and operating systems.
We take reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to secure Personal Information under our control. However, no data storage system or internet data transmission can be guaranteed 100% secure. Please be aware that we may utilize third-party cloud service providers for hosting, data storage, and other services under standard non-negotiable terms and conditions. These providers have informed us and the public about their security measures deemed adequate for information protection within their systems.
We respect your rights regarding the use and disclosure of your Personal Information. Although these rights are not absolute, you generally have the right to:
I. UPDATE OR REMOVAL OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to request updates or removal of your personal information. Simply reach out to us at email@example.com, and we’ll work to accommodate your request. Please bear in mind that certain personal data may need to be retained to fulfill orders, provide customer service, meet after-sale obligations, and comply with legal requirements.
II. ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You’re entitled to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you. If you’d like to exercise this right, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
III. UNSUBSCRIBE FROM PROMOTIONAL EMAILS
Should you wish to discontinue receiving promotional emails containing information about new products, special offers, and sales events, you can easily do so. Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any promotional email or send us an email at email@example.com.
We are committed to responding to your requests as promptly as practically feasible. However, it’s important to note that opting out as described above might not affect Personal Information already shared with third-party databases. Furthermore, even if you choose to opt out of marketing-related messages from us, you may still receive essential administrative communications. For example, when placing an order, you will continue to receive email confirmations of your order and shipment status. Additionally, we may need to communicate with you via telephone, email, or postal mail to address queries or provide information related to your order.
OWNER AND DATA CONTROLLER
MAD HATTER BV
Kleine Markt 13, Antwerp
For questions or concerns about your privacy, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Cart is empty.